Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Quarantine Halloween

It has been a challenging year and Alice has missed A LOT. We planned to avoid all group Halloween things this year since we're still in the middle of a Pandemic and it felt like the smart thing to do. In an effort to give her a special day, I decided to plan a Halloween fun day. 

We always intended to go to Huntsville for the weekend. I wanted Alice out of the way of crowds. If she couldn't see it, she wouldn't miss it. We haven't been up for a visit since February and all parties involved felt it would be safe for a visit. I had intentions of shopping for games and crafts but by the time I was well enough to go, everything was Christmas. Boooo! I was able to order a few things from Amazon though. 

She and I dressed the part. I was a witch and she was my black cat. She got to wear eyeliner on her face - she was THRILLED!

These were our activities:

Mask craft - I found these on Amazon. They were so much fun! They're a scratch set so they did make a mess but it was easy to clean up. The package came with a lot so we'll have some for the next several Halloweens. :)  It came with everything needed and the masks fit both the kid and the adults.

Hotel Transylvania Movie Marathon - We packed up our movies and shared them with Mawmaw and Papa. These are super cute and not at all scary.

Brownie Mummies - we baked brownies and she iced them to look like mummies! This was a fun two part project so it kept her busy twice! 

Pumpkin Ring toss - I bought several packages of cheap glow necklaces and three Gizmo pumpkins from HEB. We played variations of this all day! And at the end of the night, she made a big giant rope out of all the necklaces. When in doubt - it's always worth the dollar for a package of anything glowing. Walmart always has amazing options.

Build a Monster - I found these on Amazon as well. They are SUPER cute and made of heavy felt. The problem was, we couldn't get them to stick together. We tried all the sticking things and nothing worked. They are cute though! And Alice enjoyed building a monster family.

Spider Races - I bought a package of plastic spiders off the internet and a package of smoothie straws from HEB. We lined up a spider and blew it across the table with a straw. It was hilarious. Alice didn't like playing against Dada - he has a much better lung capacity. 

S'mores - we ended our day with s'mores by the fire while we howled at the moon. And by 'we' I mean Alice. Howled and howled! 

I know I over planned. I know I overscheduled. And I don't care. Alice had a beautiful day. She laughed and played and smiled. It was such a much needed weekend of fun and being away. We were safe and isolated but she didn't know it. All she knew was she was having fun.

It was really great to be away and the moon was SUPER COOL!!!! 


Until next time.....


No comments: